Ohio Immigration Attorneys
Contact Us About Your Legal Matter Today 216.861.4414
We Want to Hear Your Story. We Will Help You Achieve Your Goals. Let's Get the Conversation and Process Started Together.

Extensions Lawyer in Ohio

Extending Your Stay

Do you currently hold a visitor visa or non-immigration visa? You may want to extend your visa status. This will be necessary in order to legally remain within the United States without worry of deportation or other consequences. Most requests for extensions will be granted with justification, as long the requester is in good standing within the States. This means that the applicant must be free of arrests or multiple re-entries into the U.S. Applications for extensions or status changes should be made at least 45 days prior to the expiration date of your current visa.

It is important that you complete the entire extension process in a timely manner because it is illegal to remain within the U.S. after a visa expires. There are really no alternatives to avoiding the visa process. You must either apply for an extension or remove yourself from North America and apply for another I-94 form recording your movements upon reentry. If you request an extension in a timely manner and are approved for an extension of your visa, then you may be able to stay within the country for up to six months; however, it is important to remember that each situation is unique and your particular circumstances will determine the length of extension and eligibility. Any questions you may have regarding your particular extension needs should be discussed with a Cleveland immigration attorney from Robert Brown LLC.

Important Reminders

If you are planning on extending your stay in the United States, then it is important that you remember there are specific rules and regulations that you will need to follow to ensure your extension is approved. It is imperative that you do not request an extension of your visa within the first three months of your visit to the country. If you do, then you may risk that the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services will conclude that you been planning on extending your visa before your entrance into the U.S. This is against the law and may result in serious consequences.

Are you considering extending your visa? Do not hesitate to contact the dedicated and experienced attorneys at Robert Brown LLC. We have assisted countless individuals throughout the immigration process and worked with them and governmental agencies in an effort to help them extend their visas.

If you have concerns or questions regarding your particular situation, call our firm today and speak with an immigration lawyer.

Contact Robert Brown LLC

You Deserve a Personalized Legal Solution
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Our Blog

Recent Posts
  • Applying for U.S. Citizenship and Medicare

    If you are a foreign national seeking residency in the U.S., you may be concerned about obtaining medical insurance to supplement the costs of care ...

    Continue Reading
  • How to Apply for Asylum in the U.S.

    For many people outside of the United States, living in a constant state of fear has become the norm due to various things outside of their control. ...

    Continue Reading
  • What You Need to Know About Bringing Your Fiancé(e) to the US

    Family-based immigration law is a complex process, even if you just want to bring your kids with you when you come to America. For people looking to ...

    Continue Reading