Ohio Immigration Attorneys
Contact Us About Your Legal Matter Today 216.861.4414
We Want to Hear Your Story. We Will Help You Achieve Your Goals. Let's Get the Conversation and Process Started Together.

Ohio Temporary Protected Status Lawyer

Does your country qualify?

Temporary protected status (TPS) is granted to individuals from countries that have been determined unsafe by the secretary of Homeland Security. These countries may be experiencing economic hardship, warfare, or other unrest that may make it difficult for their citizens to return safely. The countries that are currently designated for TPS may change in the future, being added or removed as necessary.

Temporary protection status is granted to the following countries:

  • Syria
  • Somalia
  • Sudan and South Sudan
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Nicaragua
  • El Salvador

If you are a citizen of any of the listed countries and are currently visiting or residing within the United States while seeking temporary protected status, then it is important that you contact an Ohio immigration attorney from Robert Brown LLC today to speak with us regarding your particular situation. Being granted TPS can help you obtain employment authorization within the States and protect you from removal. TPS can also help you receive travel authorization. You will also still need to apply for a non-immigrant visa and file for adjustment of status.

Will I need a lawyer?

Because of the sensitive nature of the immigration process and the strict rules and regulations pertaining to the temporary protection status, it may be in your best interest to work with an attorney during the process. Applicants looking to receive TPS will not necessarily automatically receive asylum or refugee status but will be held in the United States without fear of removal. If you are looking to seek asylum or refugee status, you may be able to work with an lawyer to obtain the necessary applications as well.

If you have questions and are wondering if you are eligible to receive temporary protected status, then it is important that you contact Robert Brown LLC today and speak with an attorney regarding your situation.

Contact Robert Brown LLC

You Deserve a Personalized Legal Solution
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Our Blog

Recent Posts
  • Applying for U.S. Citizenship and Medicare

    If you are a foreign national seeking residency in the U.S., you may be concerned about obtaining medical insurance to supplement the costs of care ...

    Continue Reading
  • How to Apply for Asylum in the U.S.

    For many people outside of the United States, living in a constant state of fear has become the norm due to various things outside of their control. ...

    Continue Reading
  • What You Need to Know About Bringing Your Fiancé(e) to the US

    Family-based immigration law is a complex process, even if you just want to bring your kids with you when you come to America. For people looking to ...

    Continue Reading