Ohio Immigration Attorneys
Contact Us About Your Legal Matter Today 216.861.4414
Helping Individuals, Families,
and Companies in Immigration Matters
Our Dedicated Attorneys Are Ready to Help You

Family-Sponsored Preferences

Cleveland, OH Immigration Lawyer

When you have decided to assist your family members with the process of immigrating to the United States, you can come to Robert Brown LLC for help. Our attorneys represent clients in Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati, and we work with individuals and employers throughout the world. Call or visit our office for a consultation, during which an Ohio immigration attorney from our team will review all your options and help you take action to begin the process. There are several different types of immigrant visas for the family members of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (LPR) depending on the specific relationship and immigration status of the sponsoring family member:

Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens
The F1 family preference category is intended for the unmarried sons and daughters of United States citizens, as well as for their minor children. The Immigration and Nationality Act provides 23,400 of these visas on a yearly basis.

Spouse, Child, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents
There are 114,200 visas reserved every year for the spouse, minor children, and unmarried children of green card holders. A minimum of 77% of F2 visas are directed to be provided to spouses and minor children.

Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens
The married children of U.S. citizens receive approximately 23,400 of all family-preference visas every year, and the F3 visa also allows the holder to bring his or her minor children, if any.

Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens
If a U.S. citizen is 21 years of age or older, he or she can sponsor siblings, their spouses, and minor children to immigrate with the F4 visa. Approximately 65,000 visas are allocated for this category on an annual basis.

Let Us Help You

At our firm, we fully understand how much is at stake when you are planning to help your loved ones immigrate and join you in the United States. Whether you were born here or if you have personally been through the immigration process, we strongly encourage you to seek our help to ensure the fastest and smoothest result to your case. We can guide you through the entire procedure and will fight to help you reunite with your family members.

Contact us today so we can begin working on your family-sponsored case! 

Contact Robert Brown LLC

You Deserve a Personalized Legal Solution
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Our Blog

Recent Posts
  • Applying for U.S. Citizenship and Medicare

    If you are a foreign national seeking residency in the U.S., you may be concerned about obtaining medical insurance to supplement the costs of care ...

    Continue Reading
  • How to Apply for Asylum in the U.S.

    For many people outside of the United States, living in a constant state of fear has become the norm due to various things outside of their control. ...

    Continue Reading
  • What You Need to Know About Bringing Your Fiancé(e) to the US

    Family-based immigration law is a complex process, even if you just want to bring your kids with you when you come to America. For people looking to ...

    Continue Reading