Adjustment of Status Attorneys

Adjusting from Non-Immigrant to Immigrant Status

If you are already in the United States as a non-immigrant, such as someone who is visiting short-term, you might be able to apply to become an immigrant through an adjustment of status. Essentially, you will ask United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to allow you to stay in the country permanently, rather than temporarily. As with any immigration law process, though, you can expect some challenges and complicated rules that might get in the way of your immigration goal.

For compassionate and experienced legal counsel that makes immigration procedures simple, come to Brown Immigration Law. Our adjustment of status lawyers can assist clients nationwide, who hold any type of current immigration status, and who previously lived in any foreign country.

Get more information about adjustments of status by dialing (888) 991-6221 or contact us online now.

Reasons for Adjusting Your Status

When you apply to adjust your status, you will most likely apply for a green card, which will make you a legal permanent resident (LPR). The reasons why you want to adjust your status will affect your eligibility to make that adjustment, though. Our attorneys can review your immigration status and determine the best path forward.

You might be able to adjust your status for one or more reasons, including:

We are here to help you collect and fill out the right USCIS forms based on the status adjustment you need to make. Depending on your case, you might need Form I-130, Form I-864, Form 245i, Form I-765, and so on. Rather than getting lost in the process of locating the right form, leave it up to our adjustment of status attorneys.

Benefits of Adjustment of Status

The main benefit of adjusting your immigration status through a new application is that you do not need to leave the United States and return to your home country for consular processing. Instead, you can handle the entire petition while remaining in the U.S. This process will save you the trouble of leaving and then needing authorization to return, so it should be explored as a first option when available.

If your status adjustment application is approved and you receive a green card, then you will enjoy all the normal benefits given to legal permanent residents. Eligibility for citizenship, social security benefits, special government assistance, and other benefits are common appeals to gaining LPR status through an adjustment.

Does Adjustment of Status Take Long?

USCIS is not known for handling applications and petitions quickly. It could take months for your adjustment of status application to be reviewed and approved. We will work diligently to remove any obstacles and delays in the process, so the adjustment can be made as soon as possible. Our team can also help ensure you are able to stay in the United States while your status adjustment application is pending.

How Brown Immigration Law Can Help

We would be happy to help you through the entire adjustment of status process. From start to finish, we will be by your side and leading the way. Our firm knows all the forms you need to fill out and how to file them, so you can be confident that your application will be submitted correctly the first time. If you attempt to file your application on your own, you could make a minor mistake that derails the entire procedure, costing you time and money through additional filings.

Brown Immigration Law can help with your adjustment of status process by:

  • Researching what immigrant category would best match your reason for adjusting your status from non-immigrant to immigrant.
  • Collecting the necessary forms to file an immigration petition and checking your visa availability.
  • Filling out the forms correctly and filing them on your behalf.
  • Responding to any inquiries from USCIS and making sure you are ready for any upcoming USCIS appointments and interviews.
  • Helping you appeal in case your application was denied for any reason.

Get Answers from Our Immigration Team

Brown Immigration Law is fully dedicated to immigration cases of all types, including adjustment of status applications. You can trust our team to know the right approach to your situation and to keep your case moving when USCIS complications would otherwise slow things down. 

Contact our firm online or dial (888) 991-6221 now to get answers to all of your immigration law questions.


Meet Your Attorneys
View Attorney Profiles

Contact us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy

Helping You Navigate the Immigration Process

We are here for you when you need us.

Placeholder text.