Non-Immigrant Visa Attorneys in Southfield

Handling All Types of Non-Permanent Resident Visas

In addition to employment-based non-permanent resident visas, the United States issues a variety of non-immigrant visas for individuals wishing to come to or temporarily reside in the U.S. If you are seeking a temporary worker visa, please visit our Employment-Based Non-Permanent Residents page to learn more about how we can help. For all other types of non-immigrant visas, continue reading or contact us to find out how our Southfield non-immigrant visa attorneys can help.

We offer case evaluations by appointment. Please call (888) 861-4414 or contact us online to schedule your appointment today.

Types of Non-Immigrant Visas

There are 20 separate categories of non-immigrant visas in the United States—19 primary categories and one for NATO personnel. Each of the 19 main categories is designated with a different letter distinction, which are further divided into subcategories in certain cases.

The different types of non-immigrant visas in the U.S. are as follows:

  • A: Career diplomats
  • B: Tourists and business visitors
  • C: Transit visas
  • D: Crewmembers
  • E: Investors and treaty traders
  • F: Student visas
  • G: Representatives of international organizations
  • H: Temporary workers
  • I: Representatives of foreign media
  • M: Non-academic students
  • N: Children and parents of special immigrants
  • O: Extraordinary ability visas
  • P: Entertainment industry visas
  • Q: Cultural exchange programs
  • R: Religious workers
  • TN: NAFTA professionals

Temporary business and pleasure visitor visas (B) are by far the largest non-employment temporary visa category. In many cases, applicants are able to obtain a multi-purpose B-1/B-2 visa for the purpose of temporary business and pleasure, valid for one year and renewable every six months thereafter. Foreign nationals holding a B-1 or B-2 visa are not permitted to work for a U.S. company within the U.S.; it is only possible to secure work with an employment-based permanent or non-permanent visa.

The Visa Waiver Program

The Department of Homeland Security and the State Department’s Visa Waiver Program allows citizens of certain countries to enter and remain in the U.S. for the purpose of business or pleasure for a period of 90 days without a visa. In exchange, the specified countries allow U.S. citizens to do the same.

Currently (2018), the Visa Waiver Program includes 38 countries. To be eligible to travel to the U.S. without a visa, you must be a citizen of one of these 38 countries. You must also meet other strict requirements, including certain passport and security requirements. Our firm can help you determine if you are eligible to travel to the U.S. without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program.

Request an Appointment with Our Legal Team

If you need assistance with a non-immigrant visa, Brown Immigration Law can help. With more than 70 years of experience in immigration law, we are well-versed in the various types of visas and eligibility requirements. Our Southfield non-immigrant visa attorneys offer compassionate, personalized, and attentive care to each and every client. We work tirelessly to find creative solutions tailored to your unique goals.

Call (888) 861-4414 to schedule your initial case evaluation with our legal team today.

Meet Your Attorneys
View Attorney Profiles

Contact Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Helping You Navigate the Immigration Process

We Are Here for You When You Need Us

Placeholder text.