Ohio Immigration Attorneys
Contact Us About Your Legal Matter Today 216.861.4414
Helping Individuals, Families,
and Companies in Immigration Matters
Our Dedicated Attorneys Are Ready to Help You

EB-3 Employment Immigration Visa

Ohio Immigration Attorney

While the eligibility requirements for the first two preference categories of employment-based permanent resident visas are rather exclusive, the third category is available to a far broader selection of the international labor market. This category, however, is limited to receiving only 28.6% of the 140,000 permanent employment visas every year, resulting in high demand worldwide. You can greatly improve your chances of success in obtaining such a visa by working with a lawyer from our firm. Ohio immigration lawyers Robert Brown, Rishi Oza, Aleksandar Cuic, Erin Brown, and Kathryn Russell share more than half a century of experience in this area of practice, and we assist individual clients and employers in handling a wide variety of cases.

Types of Workers Eligible for the EB-3 Visa

There are three sub-categories of the EB-3 visa:

Skilled Workers
Eligibility for this visa requires that you have a minimum of two years of experience on the job, or two years of training for the position. It is also necessary to demonstrate that the work you will be performing is such that there are insufficient qualified workers already present in the United States.

A worker who qualifies for this type of visa will have the baccalaureate or equivalent degree required for the position and will be filling a position for which there are insufficient workers available in this country.

Unskilled Workers
This subcategory is reserved to fill employment positions that do not require more than two years of training or experience, which are not of a temporary or seasonal nature, and for which there are not sufficient workers available in this country. USCIS reports that there is a major backlog for this type of visa, as there is a relatively small allocation to meet the worldwide demand.

Applying for an EB-3 Visa

The first step in obtaining an EB-3 visa is for the prospective employer to secure labor certification from the Department of Labor by demonstrating that there are insufficient available, qualified, and willing U.S. workers to fill the position at the wage being offered. It is then necessary for the employer to sponsor the alien worker by filing a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker. Once this is approved, the worker may be approved for a green card through consular processing or adjustment of status. The process can be lengthy and complex, but we are ready to assist you with every aspect of your application and work to ensure the best possible result in your case.

Contact our office today to learn more!

Contact Robert Brown LLC

You Deserve a Personalized Legal Solution
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Our Blog

Recent Posts
  • Applying for U.S. Citizenship and Medicare

    If you are a foreign national seeking residency in the U.S., you may be concerned about obtaining medical insurance to supplement the costs of care ...

    Continue Reading
  • How to Apply for Asylum in the U.S.

    For many people outside of the United States, living in a constant state of fear has become the norm due to various things outside of their control. ...

    Continue Reading
  • What You Need to Know About Bringing Your Fiancé(e) to the US

    Family-based immigration law is a complex process, even if you just want to bring your kids with you when you come to America. For people looking to ...

    Continue Reading