B-1 Visa Lawyer in Ohio
About the B-1 Business Visitor Visa
If you are planning to travel to the United States for the purposes of conducting business activities, then your interests may best be served by the B-1 temporary business visitor visa. The B-1 visa allows the holder to stay in this country for an initial stay of up to six months or up to a full year with an extension of stay. Your family members can accompany you during your trip provided that they are each approved for a B-2 visa. Citizens of certain countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program are permitted to enter the U.S. for up to 90 days without a visa, but if you plan a longer stay or if you do not live in a participating country, then you will need to secure a non-immigrant visa.
When is a B-1 visa required?
There are certain situations for which the B-1 visa is intended, including:
- Meeting with business associates
- Attending a convention or conference of a scientific, educational, professional, or business nature
- Engaging in contract negotiations
- Taking part in short-term training
- Settling an estate
- Transiting through the U.S. or deadheading as part of a commercial airline crew
In order to obtain a business traveler visa, you will have to provide evidence that you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You are entering the U.S. for purposes of engaging in legitimate business
- Your plans are for a definite period of stay
- You have sufficient funds to pay for your travel and living expenses during the trip
- You have a permanent residence abroad and other binding ties that will compel you to return to your home country at the conclusion of your business
- You are not inadmissible for any reason under the provisions of U.S. immigration law
An Ohio immigration attorney from Brown Immigration Law can assist you with your petition for a B-1 non-immigrant visa by helping you gather the necessary documentation, completing your application, and even acting on your behalf to resolve any complications with the immigration officials. We work diligently to ensure that we achieve the best possible results for our clients.
We serve clients in Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, and worldwide, and we encourage you to contact us now for a consultation.