EB-3 Employment Immigration Visa

Ohio Immigration Attorney

While the eligibility requirements for the first two preference categories of employment-based permanent resident visas are rather exclusive, the third category is available to a far broader selection of the international labor market. This category, however, is limited to receiving only 28.6% of the 140,000 permanent employment visas every year, resulting in high demand worldwide. You can greatly improve your chances of success in obtaining such a visa by working with a lawyer from our firm.

Our immigration lawyers Robert Brown, Rishi Oza, Aleksandar Cuic, Erin Brown, and Kathryn Russell share more than half a century of experience in this area of practice, and we assist individual clients and employers in handling a wide variety of cases.

Types of Workers Eligible for the EB-3 Visa

There are three sub-categories of the EB-3 visa:

  • Skilled Workers

Eligibility for this visa requires that you have a minimum of two years of experience on the job, or two years of training for the position. It is also necessary to demonstrate that the work you will be performing is such that there are insufficient qualified workers already present in the United States.

  • Professionals

A worker who qualifies for this type of visa will have the baccalaureate or equivalent degree required for the position and will be filling a position for which there are insufficient workers available in this country.

  • Unskilled Workers

This subcategory is reserved to fill employment positions that do not require more than two years of training or experience, which are not of a temporary or seasonal nature, and for which there are not sufficient workers available in this country. USCIS reports that there is a major backlog for this type of visa, as there is a relatively small allocation to meet the worldwide demand.

Applying for an EB-3 Visa

The first step in obtaining an EB-3 visa is for the prospective employer to secure labor certification from the Department of Labor by demonstrating that there are insufficient available, qualified, and willing U.S. workers to fill the position at the wage being offered.

It is then necessary for the employer to sponsor the alien worker by filing a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker. Once this is approved, the worker may be approved for a green card through consular processing or adjustment of status. The process can be lengthy and complex, but we are ready to assist you with every aspect of your application and work to ensure the best possible result in your case.

Contact our office today to learn more!

Meet Your Attorneys
View Attorney Profiles

Contact us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Helping You Navigate the Immigration Process

We are here for you when you need us.

Placeholder text.