Durham Family Immigration Attorney

Family Visas & Immigration Services in North Carolina

Some of the most common reasons for immigration are family-based. Perhaps you and your family members are hoping to immigrate into the United States. You might also be trying to join your family or have them join you in America. All of these situations require the immigrant individual(s) to complete an extensive and complex application process, as well as detailed paperwork, in order to be granted residency in the United States. A skilled Durham immigration attorney is your best choice for counsel in any of these situations.

In order to immigrate to the United States as a family member, the immigrant must be related, married, or engaged to be married to a United States citizen or a green card holder. This citizenship can be by birth or by naturalization. Relatives who qualify for family immigration include spouses, children, parents, siblings, and fiancés. The process of applying for a family visa requires the citizen or permanent resident to file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. A Form I-485 is also required but can be filed at the same time.

The Important Role of an Immigration Lawyer

Throughout this process, the importance of an immigration attorney cannot be overstated. Only a qualified lawyer who has years of focused experience in immigration law can help you apply for the correct visa so that you and your family are granted access into the United States. The legal team at Brown Immigration Law has practiced nothing but immigration law and defense for decades and has gained the highest level of understanding and excellence in the area.

Founding attorney Robert Brown has more than 40 years of experience in immigration litigation and defense and has spent many years working with the Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS), including the position of district director in Cleveland, Ohio. Family immigration attorneys Rishi Oza and Aleksandar Cuic have both been selected for inclusion in the lists of Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ and handle the firm's business immigration and immigration litigation departments. With our skill and counsel, you will have the best chance of winning your case and gaining legal entry into the country.

Hire a Family Immigration Lawyer Immediately

Brown Immigration Law has clients in North Carolina, Ohio, Florida, and around the world. We strive to help every client complete all the necessary paperwork and provide all the information needed to be granted a visa or green card. We want you to be reunited with your family as much as you do and will do everything in our power to make it happen. Our Durham law firm has decades of success and will counsel you step by step as you apply. We also provide aggressive litigation against deportation or removal.

It's vital that you do not wait too long to address your Immigration issues, so call us today at or contact us online to get started.

Meet Your Attorneys
View Attorney Profiles

Contact us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Helping You Navigate the Immigration Process

We are here for you when you need us.

Placeholder text.