Ohio Employment Authorization Attorney

Proof to Work in the United States

Do you want to work in the United States? All immigrants looking to obtain employment status in the U.S. must show proof that they are allowed to work in the States legally. The government will supply qualified workers with this proof for employers in the form of an employment authorization document. In order to be eligible to work, you may have to show proof that you fall into one of three categories defined by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Three Categories:

  • You are looking for permission to apply for work while in the country on a visa
  • You need to have an EAD to work for an employer because of your visa
  • You are looking for authorization to work while under your visa status

    The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services will issue you a valid employment authorization document if you need proof that you are eligible to work in the States or if you need to renew your current EAD. If you were already issued an EAD and it was lost or stolen, then you may be able to receive a replacement as well.

    Obtaining a Work Permit

    Employment authorization documents are sometimes referred to as work permits and can be issued in several formats, including green cards or employment visas. Sometimes, work can be obtained by foreign nationals after a student visa has expired, while subject to a non-immigrant visa, or when they are traveling and looking to obtain work temporarily. Eligibility to obtain a work permit can vary based on the visa that you currently hold, but more than 40 types of visas make it possible to work while holding immigration status. If you are concerned about your particular situation, then we encourage you to contact an Ohio immigration lawyer to speak to our dedicated legal professionals regarding your particular situation. With years of experience assisting our clients, we may be able to assist you as well.

    Contact Brown Immigration Law today!

    Meet Your Attorneys
    View Attorney Profiles

    Contact Us Today

    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your phone number.
      This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.

    Helping You Navigate the Immigration Process

    We Are Here for You When You Need Us

    Placeholder text.