Cleveland H Visas Attorney

Which Non-Immigrant Visa Is Right for You?

The attorneys of our law firm -Robert Brown, Rishi Oza, Aleksandar Cuic, Erin Brown, and Kathryn Russell - have more than half a century of immigration experience, and when you contact us for a consultation, we will take the time to help you explore all of your options. If you are planning to travel to the United States for the purpose of filling a temporary employment position, then you may be eligible for one of the non-immigrant work visas included in the H visa category:

  • H-1B

This visa type is intended for a broad category of "specialty occupation" workers, which includes individuals whose job duties demand theoretical and practical application of highly specialized knowledge that they have achieved through a course of higher education. The H-1B is also provided for individuals participating in cooperative research and development projects involving the U.S. government and another government, as well as fashion models of distinguished merit and ability.

In previous years, U.S. immigration law provided for two additional types of visa, the H-1A and H-1C visas for registered nurses. These have been discontinued since 1995 and 2009, respectively.

  • H-2A

The H-2A visa is used for seasonal agricultural workers and allows certain employers in the United States to bring alien workers into this country to perform work on a temporary basis. The employer files a Petition for Non-immigrant Worker, Form I-129 on behalf of the prospective employer, to provide evidence that the job is seasonal, that there are insufficient available U.S. workers who are willing to perform the work, and that the importation of labor will not adversely affect U.S. workers. Labor certification is a requirement for this type of visa.

  • H-2B

The requirements for an H-2B visa are similar to those for an H-2A visa except for the difference that the H-2B visa is intended for temporary non-agricultural workers. The underlying employment position does not have to be temporary but the need for the worker's services must be temporary based on seasonal demands, one-time need, peak load need, or intermittent need. The U.S. government places caps on the number of H-2B visas every year - for example, the amount is set at 33,000 for the first half of fiscal year 2013.

  • H-3

The H-3 visa is a non-immigrant visa that applies in two different situations. Individuals who are coming to the U.S. for the purpose of receiving training that is not available in their home countries and that is not of a graduate or medical nature can use the H-3 visa. It is also used in cases of individuals traveling to this country to take part in a special education exchange visitor program for children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities.

Take the First Step in Your Case

We work with both individuals and employers, providing exceptional legal support and dedicated representation throughout the entire process. Working through the complexities of the immigration legal system can be a frustrating and confusing task, but we are ready to put our 70 years of experience to work for you.

Contact us at Brown Immigration Law to speak with an Ohio immigration lawyer from our firm and begin working on your petition for a non-immigrant visa.


Meet Your Attorneys
View Attorney Profiles

Contact us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Helping You Navigate the Immigration Process

We are here for you when you need us.

Placeholder text.