Orlando Employment Immigration Attorneys

Employment-Based Non-Permanent Residents

Foreign nationals who intend to work temporarily in the United States must obtain a non-immigrant classification as a temporary worker. This type of employment-based immigration is for foreign nationals who will not be permanently residing in the United States. In order for a foreign citizen to obtain a classification, companies or employers must file a non-immigrant petition on their behalf. Depending on the visa classification, applicants will also need to supply sufficient documentation and evidence of their abilities, skills or future contributions as temporary workers in the United States.

Non-Immigrant Temporary Worker Classifications

There are many different non-immigrant visa categories for temporary workers. Depending on the skills of a worker, their industry and other unique circumstances, foreign citizens may be granted one of the following visas.

B-1 visas are for temporary business visitors. In order to qualify for a B-1 visa, foreign nationals must be visiting the United States for a business related activity or purpose. This can include attendance at professional conventions and conferences, consultations and meetings, training and others.

E-1 and E-2
E-1 and E-2 visas are non-immigrant classifications that allow nationals of a country with which the U.S. maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation to be admitted to the United States. E-1 visas are for individuals who will be conducting international trade within the country. E-2 visas are for investors who will be making substantial investments in a U.S. business.

Foreign students who will be attending an academic institution, language training program, seminary or conservatory must apply for an F-1 visa. Applicants must meet specific requirements, including acceptance at a school, sufficient funds to pursue their studies, preparation for their education and an intention to leave the United States once they have completed their program. F-1 visas are generally granted for the duration of a foreign national's full time student status.

H Visas
H visas encompass several separate classifications of foreign citizens who will be engaging in a specific type of employment. This includes: H-1B visas for individuals in a specialty occupation, which requires highly specialized skills and knowledge and completion of a course of higher education. This classification also includes fashion models and government research and development employment. H-2A visas are for seasonal agricultural workers. H-2B visas are for temporary or seasonal nonagricultural workers. H-3 visas are a classification for non-immigrants who will be receiving training in the United States.

I Visa
Media I visas are granted to non-immigrant representatives and employees of foreign media. This classification can include film crews, journalists and others.

J Visa
J visas are granted to foreign nationals who have been accepted into a certified Exchange Visitor Program. As temporary non-immigrants, exchange visitors will be expected to return to their home countries after completing their program.

L Visa
L visas are for foreign citizens who will be transferring within a company. Applicants who, within the previous years, have been employed in another country continuously for one year and will be transferring to a branch, parent affiliate or subsidiary of their same employer in the U.S. will be eligible. Classification L-1A covers executives or managers while L-1B visas are for employees with a specialized knowledge.

O Visa
O non-immigrant visas are granted to foreign individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics. This classification also covers those with accomplishments in the motion picture or television industry.

P Visa
Internationally recognized individual athletes and athletic teams qualify for P visas. Members of internationally recognized entertainment groups and artists or entertainers who are party of a culturally unique program may also qualify for a class of P visas.

Q Visa
Foreign citizens who come to the United States as participants in an international cultural exchange program will be granted a Q visa. Their work can involve practical training, employment and education about their home country's history, culture and traditions.

R-1 Visa
Temporary religion workers who will be employed at least 20 hours per week by a non-profit religious organization in the U.S. will receive R-1 visas. This classification also covers workers of any religious denomination in the United States, including ministers and other religious vocations.

the North American Free Trade Agreement allows Canadian and Mexican citizens to enter the United States for professional business activities. Applicants must be working professionals with appropriate qualifications, such as lawyers, scientists, teachers, engineers and others.

Focused on the Needs of Orlando Employers and Workers

The entire legal team at Brown Immigration Law understands the significant contributions skilled and educated foreign workers can make to the United States. From highly technical global innovations in science and medicine to relief in workforce shortages, non-immigrant temporary workers have consistently aided in the improvement of American society, culture, economy and infrastructure. As a result, we take pride in our ability to facilitate the immigration needs of employers throughout the country and the state of Florida.

Throughout the years we have helped countless American employers and foreign nationals swiftly and smoothly resolve their immigration cases in order to obtain appropriate non-immigrant and permanent residence visas. Our highly regarded legal team is comprised of Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® rated Robert Brown and certified Rising Stars℠ Rishi Oza and Aleksandar Cuic, all of whom have the well-rounded skills and experience needed to meet the unique needs of clients.

If you would like to learn more about how our esteemed Florida immigration attorneys can assist you with obtaining a non-immigrant temporary worker visa, contact Brown Immigration Law today. We serve clients throughout the state from our office.

Meet Your Attorneys
View Attorney Profiles

Contact us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Helping You Navigate the Immigration Process

We are here for you when you need us.

Placeholder text.