Orlando Change of Status Lawyer

Change of Non-Immigrant Status in Florida

Foreign nationals with a non-immigrant visa may have the opportunity to change their status to another category while in the United States. Known as a change of status, this process can allow non-immigrant visa holders to change the original purpose of their visit. For example, if an individual arrived in the U.S. as a tourist, but wishes to become a student, they must submit a change of status application. Requests must also be filed with the USCIS before the authorized stay expires.

With five decades of immigration experience, Attorney Robert Brown, as well as the entire legal team at Brown Immigration Law, can assist all those interested in changing their non-immigrant status in the U.S. Call today to schedule your initial case evaluation.

Who is eligible to change their status?

Applicants who wish to change their non-immigrant status may be eligible if:

  • They were lawfully admitted to the U.S. with a non-immigrant visa
  • The non-immigrant status remains valid
  • No conditions of the specific status have been violated
  • No crimes that would make an applicant ineligible have been committed

Applicants who wish to attend school in the U.S. and are also the spouse or child of someone who is currently in the U.S. in any of the following non-immigrant visa categories do not need to apply to change a non-immigrant status.

  • Diplomatic and government officials and employees (A visa category)
  • International trade and investors (E visa)
  • Representatives to international organizations and employees (G visa)
  • Temporary Workers (H visa)
  • Representatives of foreign media (I visa)
  • Exchange visitors (J visa)
  • Intra-company transfers (L visa)
  • Academic or vocational students (F or M visa); post-secondary school students must apply

Those admitted into the U.S. in the following categories may not apply to change a non-immigrant status:

  • Visa Waiver Program - Crew member (D non-immigrant visa)
  • In transit through the United States (C non-immigrant visa)
  • In transit through the U.S. without a visa (TWOV)
  • FiancĂ© of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fiancĂ© (K non-immigrant visa)
  • Information on terrorism or organized crime (S non-immigrant visa)

When the purpose a visit to the U.S. has changed, it is recommended that non-immigrant visa holders apply for a change of status as soon as possible. Brown Immigration Law will provide knowledgeable legal assistance to those who wish to change their status, as well as for those whose authorized stay has expired.

Apply for Change of Status with Our Help

If you or a loved one has changed the purpose of your visit while in the United States, you may need to apply for a change of status. This process requires a great deal of paperwork, numerous procedures and evidence of eligibility. Applications must also be submitted as soon as possible, especially before an authorized stay is set to expire.

With the assistance of the qualified legal team at Brown Immigration Law, applicants and quickly compile their applications for a change of status correctly and accurately. Our legal team will also help explain any procedures or requirements applicants may not understand.

To discuss your case with a highly regarded immigration lawyer from our firm, contact Brown Immigration Law today.

Meet Your Attorneys
View Attorney Profiles

Contact us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Helping You Navigate the Immigration Process

We are here for you when you need us.

Placeholder text.