Orlando Visa Extension Lawyer

Looking to Extend Your Visa to Stay in the U.S.?

Foreign nationals who are in the United States with a non-immigrant visa may lengthen the duration of their visit by applying for an extension of stay. As non-immigrant visits only allow for a temporary amount of time in the U.S., foreign nationals are given a specific date for when they must leave the country.

If you or a loved one wishes to remain in the country beyond this date, you must ask the USCIS for permission to stay, or risk deportation. Brown Immigration Law has helped numerous clients file for extensions, and our immigration legal team will assist anyone who is interested in extending their stay in the United States in a timely and competent manner.

Who can apply for visa extensions?

In general, as long as you have a legal and valid non-immigrant visa and have not violated the terms of your admission in the U.S., you may be eligible to apply for a visa extension.

You may apply for an extension of your visit to the United States under the following conditions:

  • You were lawfully admitted into the country with a non-immigrant visa
  • The non-immigrant visa status remains valid
  • No crimes that would make you ineligible have been committed
  • The conditions of your admission were not violated
  • You passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay

Who cannot apply for a visa extension?

There are certain circumstances which would make an individual ineligible to apply for an extension of his or her visa.

You may not apply for an extension if you were admitted into the U.S. in the following categories:

  • Visa Waiver Program.
  • Crew member (D non-immigrant visa)
  • In transit through the U.S. (C non-immigrant visa)
  • In transit through the U.S. without a visa (TWOV)
  • Fiancé of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fiancé (K non-immigrant visa)
  • Informant on terrorism or organized crime (S non-immigrant visa)

An immigration lawyer at Brown Immigration Law will be able to review your immigration status and accurately advise you as to your eligibility for extension.

How to Extend or Renew Your Visa

If your visa is about to expire and are interested in extending your stay in the U.S., you must follow the visa renewal or extension process. There are no guarantees that USCIS will grant your request, but having an experienced attorney guide you can increase your chances of an approval.

  • File your extension immediately. The USCIS recommends that applications for extensions be filed at least 60 days before an authorized stay expires. Applications require specific forms, depending on the original purpose of a visit. This means that non-immigrant workers must have their employer file Form I-129, and other non-immigrant categories, including temporary and exchange visitors, must complete Form I-539.
  • Provide documentation and evidence. There are numerous documentary requirements and proof of eligibility requirements needed in order to be granted an extension.
    • You must prove that you are financially self-sufficient with enough income to support yourself during the remainder of your stay, including bank statements or pay stubs.
    • You must provide reasons for your extension, whether it is due to a medical reason or family issue. It may also help your case if you show that you have a return flight to your country, or proof of employment back home.

Our firm's experienced immigration lawyers can help you determine which forms must be completed, as well as assist you in effectively providing evidence that you meet the requirements for an extension. We will also help those interested in filing a change of status, which can allow for changes of a non-immigrant status and longer periods of stay.

Extend Your Stay with Brown Immigration Law

Getting an extension on your visa is one of the more concise immigration processes, however it is also one of the ones that if not done in a timely fashion, could present the most legal difficulties. Those who fail to obtain an extension on their visa could find themselves facing deportation, removal or unlawful presence violations.

The experience and knowledge of our immigration lawyers provides unique in-depth insight not available at other immigration law firms. With the assistance of attorney Robert Brown, Rising Stars℠ Rishi Oza and Aleksandar Cuic and attorney Erin Brown, your situation will be thoroughly evaluated and you can quickly take the steps toward having your stay extended by the USCIS.

For more information about extending your stay, or the visit of a loved one, contact Brown Immigration Law as soon as possible.

Meet Your Attorneys
View Attorney Profiles

Contact us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Helping You Navigate the Immigration Process

We are here for you when you need us.

Placeholder text.