U.S. Employment Authorization

Employment Immigration Lawyers Serving Greater Orlando, FL

All U.S. employers are required to make sure that their employees are legally allowed to work in the United States, regardless of their immigration or citizenship status. For workers who are not United States citizens or permanent residents, employment authorization must be granted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services before they can be legally hired by an employer in the country. Temporary non-immigrant workers may receive certain employment authorization depending on their classification.

Employment Authorization Document

Depending on your non-immigrant status, you may fall into one of three categories which make you eligible for an EAD, sometimes referred to as a work permit.

These categories include:

  1. Category 1 - You may have authorization to work in the United States because of your non-immigrant status.
  2. Category 2 - You may have authorization to work for a specific employer because of your non-immigrant status.
  3. Category 3 - You may be in a category which requires you to file for work authorization.

Depending on which category you fall into, you may be required to apply for work authorization using Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. If you fall within category 2, your position with a specific employer may require your employer to file a petition on your behalf. In any case, there are many different classifications that permit applications for employment. If you need help determining your eligibility for employment authorization, a member of our firm's legal team can quickly review your situation and status and inform you how you qualify to work in the United States.

When approved, the EAD will act as proof for any U.S. employer that you are allowed to work in the United States. While cases vary depending on the circumstances involved, most EADs are granted for a one-year period. In some cases, you may also be able to replace or renew an expired EAD. If the USCIS does not issue a final decision on your EAD application within 90 days, you may be able to obtain an interim EAD.

Call Our Immigration Firm - 50+ Years' Combined Experience

Obtaining permission to work in the United States will depend on your personal situation. As every case is unique, it is essential to the successful outcome of your application that you have an experienced and dedicated attorney from our firm closely evaluate your case.

With the assistance of our legal team, you will be able to learn about your eligibility for employment authorization and will receive the help you need to apply for an EAD work permit.

If you are interested in learning more about the EAD and how you can obtain permission to legally work in the United States, contact Brown Immigration Law as soon as possible.

Meet Your Attorneys
View Attorney Profiles

Contact us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Helping You Navigate the Immigration Process

We are here for you when you need us.

Placeholder text.