State and Federal Agencies Governing Immigration
North Carolina Immigration Lawyer
There are many agencies that play distinct roles in immigration law cases. For the alien who is dealing with their immigration case without the assistance of a lawyer, it can be very confusing and complex to know which agency can assist you. North Carolina immigration attorneys from our firm understand the process and agencies that pertain to the specific situation you are facing.
Agencies that our firm has worked with include:
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) - Many of the primary agencies we deal with fall under the umbrella of the Department of Homeland Security. Its mission is to protect the United States from any threats. The immigration department of this agency provides immigration-related services and also enforces immigration laws.
- Department of Justice (DOJ) - The Department of Justice is responsible for the enforcement of the administration of justice. It is led by the attorney general and defends the interests of the United States in accordance with the law.
- Department of Labor (DOL) - The U.S. Department of Labor works to better the welfare of those who are employed or seeking a job. It also protects those who are retired in this country. It makes sure that United States citizens are being protected and given first priority for jobs.
- Department of State (DOS) - The U.S. Department of State is responsible for providing U.S. visas. The type of visa that it issues is determined by immigration laws, particularly as relates to the reason for travel into the U.S. The DOS is also responsible for the diversity visa lottery.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) - Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is an agency that was created after the events of 9 / 11. It combined the law enforcement arms of the former Immigration and Naturalization Service with the former U.S. Customs Service. This agency was established to enforce immigration and customs laws.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) - The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is in charge of immigration administration as well as establishing immigration service policies. Our firm typically deals with this agency on a regular basis because it handles immigration-related applications and authorizations.
Contact us Today
Helping You Navigate the Immigration ProcessWe are here for you when you need us.